Goals of the UVRP
The main goals of the UVRP’s activity can be achieved by:
- representing the interests of the voivodeships on international forums,
- undertaking initiatives to decentralise entitlements (including finances) – in accordance with the subsidiarity principle.
- initiating and giving an opinion on projects of the legislative bodies, concerning local government,
- promoting exchange of experiences in terms of the voivodeship’s and central government’s tasks,
- initiating and undertaking common projects affecting the development of communities of the voivodeships,
- initiating and undertaking common projects affecting the social-economic development of the voivodeships, establishing international contacts on the regional level, establishing cultural and educational exchange,
- performing work connected with information, consultancy and creating programmes aimed at jointly solving problems referring to different areas of activity of local governments,
- performing work connected with publishing, training and promotional activities involving the UVRP’s work and its members.